Kaitlyn's Imagination Has Run Wild: <em>About David</em>
Kaitlyn's Imagination Has Run Wild
it's random, it's crazy, it's kaitlyn's imagination   
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
About David
I'm decided that I should start reading a book today that wasn't Harry Potter for once in a long while. So the book I choose is called About David. I was at first drawn to the book as my best friend's name is David, so I'm like "ooh this sounds cool" but now as I've started reading it, it has made me more and more in shock. But I need to explain why.

The main character's name is Lynn, which ironically enough is one of my nicknames, as my name is Kaitlyn. And I feel like I can really relate to her in the first place. She's about my age about a year older than me but has alot of the same things going on in her life. School, extra-curicular activites, a loving family, and so on. Then there's David. He's a troubled kid who always is trying to please his parents who always told him that, "If he got a 90 they expected a 95. If he got a 95, they expected a 100. And if he got a 100 they wanted to know why he didn't get them more often." Now this David isn't at all like the David I know, first of all the David I know can't play guitar.

This story really gets to me. Because to Lynn it came all of sudden almost out of nowhere, she had always known that David resented his parents but she still couldn't imagine that he could do what he did. And nor can I. I'm in as much shock as she is. And even though I'm only on page 44 I feel like I want to start crying. Because if anything like that happened to my David, I don't know what I'd do.

*****************
From the back of the book About David:

At first Lynn can't believe it. Her close friend and neighbor, seventeen-year-old David Morris has murdered his parents and commited suicide.

Slowly Lynn tries to piece togeather David's past from the journal he kept hidden. Yet as the diardy draws to a close, Lynn is strangely unwilling to have the mystery about David solved. In order to facer her own future with conviction and strength, Lynn must find the way to confront the reality - as terrible and shocking as it is.


****************

I told my David if he did anything like that... I'd kick his ass.
posted by Imaginer @ 10:19 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At December 2, 2007 at 11:08 PM, Blogger feldman01 said…

    Nice! HeHe I read it and I was like yup yup yup!

    It sounds like a rly good book... do you think i would like it?

    this is the first time ive read a "blog" (what is a blog) but it seems to me you are an avid blogger (is that a word: someone who writes a blog?) okk bbi!

     
  • At December 3, 2007 at 10:47 AM, Blogger Imaginer said…

    lol david... alright to answer your questions...

    a blog is an online jounal that people read. I do it so my family far away can keep up with what I'm doing so I try to update as much as possible and people who I see all the time get a little more insight to me! Although since I just started to do this, we'll see how it goes!

    and yes... a person who writes a blog is called a blogger : )

    <3! Kaitlyn

     
  • At December 5, 2007 at 4:04 PM, Blogger liz said…

    um, i do believe tht you made an error. david is ONE of your best friends.
    lol. jk. tho really, sad book. and if david did do tht, id give him a good yellin bout how stupid of a soddin git he was for doing so. lol

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Imaginer
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

= )

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER